Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

Je reviens...

C'est combien de temps cette fois? It's seems I start too many of my posts here with the same words, et je sais pas quoi faire. Saying it in French doesn't change the fact that it has been a really long time since I was last here.

And it's not that I don't want to be here! More than ever, I do - I have numerous writing blogs, and food blogs (even a politics blog or two floating out there somewhere), but only one personal blog.* And I need a personal blog, now more than ever. Okay, not more than ever, but I want somewhere where I can talk about anything without wondering first if it's relevant or not, without feeling hemmed in. The problem for me is mainly access. I do everything from my phone, and if I can't do what I want to do easily then chances are I probably won't do it at all. And blogger is not an easy site to use on a phone.

But, here I am, with a laptop, at last.
What have I been doing in the past nine- ten?- months? The usual. Avoiding reading. Writing - never quite enough. Just scraping deadlines. Eating. Spending more than I should. Making friends (- me? Friends? Wow!). That type of thing.

I didn't start the new year with any resolutions - I never do. But I'm drawing to the end of a Twitter break which has actually produced some semblance of productivity within me. I've written a little bit, after a prolonged inability to write anything much following NaNo. (Speaking of NaNo, I didn't win this time either, but I wrote 38,442 words, more than ever before.) I've also written a bit on a restaurant review blog run by a friend and I. (Young Fine Diners, if you're wondering!) I've been reading - my set texts, and La Légende Arthurienne and working (school work, again: I am jobless.)

Quoi d'autre? I'm renewing my efforts in learning French, and have found out about language exchanges. I'm looking forward to attending one of those!

And I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland at the Royal Opera House this March! I'm looking forward to this a lot, as I wanted to go last year, but tickets went very quickly, and my ROH account was playing up :( this year, I only managed to get tickets right near the back, but that's better than nothing, and they were only £9 each! So I'm looking forward to that, and hopefully I will have something to say about that to you, later.

Also hopefully, I will have read enough to write another Lit Corner - I miss that!

I've spent all day listening to RFI on my phone. Anyone learning French or wanting to improve their listening skills, Radio France International is a great resource - does what it says it does on the tin.

Well, that's all I have to say for just now, I think, but I hope I will be back soon with more.
J'éspere de vous revoir bientot!

How are your 2013s going? Anything interesting happened/happening?
Parlez-vous francais? Or are you learning another language? Let me know ^^

Happy Blogging,
Your ever affectionate (if slightly flaky)
Little Newman


*I don't count my tumblr as a personal blog. I don't really use it, either.

No comments: