Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2015

European Reading Challenge

I've just found out about the world of reading challenges (beyond the Goodreads challenge) and so shall be signing up for at least two. The first of these will be the European reading challenge hosted on Rose City Reader invites participants to read their way through Europe. Rules and sign up can be found in the post above. I'd like to pledge a book for all of the countries, in an ideal world, but I know that won't happen. Instead, I'll aim to read at least the four following books:


  • Bone Jack by Sarah Crowe for the UK
  • Mio, min Mio by Astrid Lindgren for Sweden
  • Tintenherz by Cornelia Funke or Die unendliche Geschichte by Michael Ende for Germany
  • Chagrin d'école by Daniel Pennac (or something else) for France
If possible, I would like to add a book from Finland (either The Rabbit Back Literature Society or It Came from the North, an anthology of Finnish speculative fiction), and Odinsbarn from Norway. Beyond that... who knows? Maybe some Milan Kundera for Czech, or something Russian, or Spanish, or Italian might even creep in! [Almost] anything is possible, and I'm excited!

The reviews for my challenge can be found here.

1 comment:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I am so pleased that you are joining us for this challenge! It's always exciting when someone who hasn't done a blog book challenge before signs up. I hope you have fun. Your book choices look terrific! Happy reading!