Pages

Friday 6 January 2017

New year, same old reading goals!

 It's been a while, again. I don't even know where t begin. I have a new job (in a bookshop, yay!) and am finding that whole 'work life' balance thing reeeally difficult. This is not the entire reason for me dropping off the face of this blog, but I'll do my best to pretend that it is! Yeah!

I read something like twenty books last year, and failed all my challenges. But, as they say, if at first you don't succeed...

This year I will certainly be attempting the Rose City Reader European Reading Challenge once again. I'll aim for five books and in my heart will hope for more. My countries will be:


I've already read the book for Finland, so four to go. I can't say for definite which book I'll read for the UK and the others are, naturally, subject to change and my fickle, fickle whims. I'll link to the reviews here :)

Otherwise, I will also try once again for the Mount TBR challenge hosted at My Reader's Block. I've got a new rule this year: two out, one in. As I have more than thirty books to buy before March... I foresee myself breaking and/or bending this rule pretty quickly! I will stay humble and aim for 'Pike's Peak', listing books and linking reviews here as I post them.

Other than that, I would like to read fifty books this year (two down, forty-eight to go!). This will be a mixture of fiction and non-fiction, a mixture of English, Swedish, German, French and (dare I even hope?) Finnish. They can be teeny tiny or massive tomes - although my money is on the former. What counts is that I actually read them. Whew! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

Congrats on signing up for Mount TBR :) I hope it will motivate you enough to come back and write more. I'm climbing Mount Vancouver!

Little Newman said...

Thanks for the comment, and the encouragement! I failed spectacularly last year, but hoping that I'll do better this yead. Good luck on Mt. Vancouver, that's (sadly) more books than I read in the last two years combined!